Saturday 8 June 2013

Abalone festival buffet at Todai at Marina Bay Sands

This is my second visit to Todai and most probably the last visit too! My first visit to Todai was more than 2 years ago when Todai first opened its doors in Singapore. Being raved by many even before it landed in Singapore, I was anticipating its opening but the quality of food has greatly disappointed me. Being an abalone fanatic, I was attracted to its abalone festival so I decided to give Todai another chance. Oh boy! I shouldn't have gave them another chance. It is as disappointing but I must admit that Todai does have a huge variety.
So why are there so many good reviews online and the huge restaurant is almost full house on a weekday night? This is greatly dependent on individual. If u are someone who enjoys steamed crab and looking for a large quantity and variety of food then Todai is the place for you. My neighboring tables are eating away happily while I was taking regretful bites of mediocre food. Maybe my standard is too high? But I'm definitely someone who prefers quality over quantity.


Very small abalone and salmon sliced into absolute small slices that I have never seen before




Snow Crab


Add caption


A large variety of Japanese sushi


Fish and bacon was ok, cereal prawns were overcooked and very difficult to peel, salmon was very hard.


Rows of meat waiting to be grilled.


Pizza and Korean rice cakes.






Kimchi was nice and that was about all. The rest were so so. Fries was cold and quite disgusting.


Beef


Snow crab!


Look at how thin the salmon is! The chef is going to cut it into even smaller pieces and refused to give us a bigger portion although we requested for it.




A lot of sauces


Fresh-looking vegetables but who really goes for a buffet for salad?


This tastes very horrible just like those frozen ones you could get at the supermarkets.


Desserts that are not worth mentioning. Yes! They are that bad.


Swiss rolls was a LITTLE better than the cakes.


Marshmallows with chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. full agree! I just posted on Todai too. I spammed snow crab. For the price, would be better off going to Kuishinbo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! That reminds me.. I have not been to Kuishinbo for ages.I should really pop by some day.

      Delete